There are many things we can't live without, or so we think, anyway. I thought I could not survive without eating chocolate. Well, I gave it up for Lent and even though it's only been a few days and I'm already having chocolate withdrawals, I've survived...so far.
However, when it comes to make-up, I have a few "essentials" I can't live without. Seriously.
The items vary in brands and prices, but I love them all the same!
Although I don't use these items every day, I like to have them redily available just in case I need them.
The items in the picture are described below:
- Bobbi Brown bronzer in Golden Light
- Nars blush in Orgasm
- Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Pressed Powder in Warm Natural
- Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick in Warm Natural
- Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Warm Natural
- Maybelline New York Rocket Volume Express mascara in very black
- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Liner in Black Ink
- Victoria's Secret eye liner in Extreme Black
- DVF lipstick in Foreign Affair
- Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Romance
- MAC limited edition lipstick in Satin Sail La Vie
- MAC Pro Longwear Lipstain Marker in Full of Flare
- Nars lip gloss in Orgasm
- Blistex Five STar lip protector with SPF 30
- Burt's Bee lip balm
I don't wear make-up every day, but when I do I follow simple steps to make me look refreshed and natural. I don't like make-up that looks caked on and only wear dramatic make-up for special occasions. The only exception to my rule is when I'm feeling adventurous and wear simple eyes with a bold lip, just to go to the mall or to run an errand. That's when my MAC limited edition lipstick in Satin Sail La Vie comes in handy!
I always start with a moisturizer. Since I have dark circles I always apply Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer. Next I use Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick to cover up any blemishes. I then set my make-up with Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Pressed Powder. Add Bobbi Brown bronzer and Nars blush. I never leave home without mascara and always finish off my look with lip balm.
I have tons of eye shadows and lip glosses, but most of them just sit there and look pretty. This year I promised myself not to buy any more makeup that I won't use. I've realized the items above are all I need to make me happy :)
Hope my tips help you look your best!