Monday, April 23, 2012

balancing act

I have been married almost 10 years and, if you read my last post, you already know I have 18 month old twins. 

People always told us how much children change your life, but my husband and I were firm believers that our life would not change because of them.  We were wrong.  As much as we wanted to keep things the same, some changes were inevitable. 

However, that being said, your life does not need to change in a negative way.  Learning how to balance your new addition is probably the number one priority.  First, I think it is extremely important to get your baby (or babies) on a schedule, and stick to it! I'm not going to lie, having two babies to take care of at the same time is difficult, but if you keep them on a schedule it helps you keep your sanity.  Trust me, I'm no expert, just giving my opinion.

I have always worked.  But, after having the babies we decided it would be best if I became a stay at home mom.  At first I was scared to quit work to become a SAHM because I had no experience in this field.  But I quickly realized no one would take better care of my babies than me.  So I agreed.  The plan was to stay home one year and then find a nanny, but that year was gone way to fast and I am not ready to leave them!

Oh yeah, one more thing, don't forget about your hubby! I know you are probably exhausted, but he needs a little attention too!

I'm sure I have a long road ahead and a lot of learning, but for now I am happy with the changes in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment