The best part is that my cupcakes are only on display at my house and are only eaten and judged by my family and friends. No matter how they turn out, everyone always says they are delish! Besides, who doesn't love showing up to someones house and finding freshly baked cupcakes?
This is so easy, you will never use plain frosting again!
I like to have 2 different choices of frosting, maybe chocolate and vanilla? Predictable? Not after the awesome toppings you're going to cover them with! Of course, you can have as many frosting flavors as you want. I don't like to waste the frosting so it all depends on how many I am making.
Next, I raid my pantry in search of things that sound like fun to place on top. Get creative and crush anything you like!
Here are a few topping options:
- Crushed Oreos, just crush them and press them down onto the frosting.
- Hershey's Kisses are adorable and who doesn't love them?
- Crushed almonds
- Crushed cinnamon cereal or powdered cinnamon drizzled with caramel
- Chocolate chips or shaved chocolate
- Chocolate syrup, drizzled on top. You can also melt chocolate in a double broiler and drizzle designs on wax paper, let it cool overnight and then place on top of your cupcakes. The chocolate will be hard and very thin and it looks super fancy!
- Diced fruit - If you really want to get creative with this one, place the fruit on toothpicks, roll in egg white and then in sugar, let it dry overnight and place on cupcake center
- Gummy bears or any small candy (like M&Ms)
- Of course, sprinkles.